Due to the new GDPR legislation coming into effect on 25th May 2018, it is necessary to clearly define the following as I sell my items online. This is through Facebook, Etsy, Instagram and my website using Paypal to take payments:
1. Only basic personal data will be collected - this includes your name, email address and postal details (a certain amount of personal data is needed to be able to process your order)
2. Once your order is placed I will send you an invoice via PayPal. Your information will never be used for any other purpose other than discussing or processing your orders and I do not download or store your data anywhere else other than within the relevant system eg Paypal. www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
3. Your information will never be sold or given to any third parties (apart from Paypal and courier/postal services to process your order and these are themselves GDPR compliant – ** I do not have any control over how long these companies store this data)
4. As part of the GDPR, customers will have a right to access their personal data and get confirmation as to how it’s being processed, where and for what purpose. You can also restrict how data is used and shared and also request that any data held be deleted.
5. Order details will be kept for at least 6 years for HMRC purposes only and disposed of accordingly thereafter. Messages and emails discussing your order will be kept for a maximum of 6 months. After this time all messages will be deleted.
6. All finished work will be used for advertising (this includes occasional work in progress pictures). I do not include any original photos/pictures provided by the customer unless permission is granted.
If you have any concerns or queries about how your data is stored or handled, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me